So in case you're wondering how our gig the other night at the Acres of Love benefit show went... it didn't. We got booted, 3 days before the event. Apparently the headliner (Tyrone Wells) has a policy that "when he's playing a solo acoustic set, only solo acoustic sets open for him" (according to his manager/drummer). We offered to scale it down from a rock/electric set to an acoustic set, but ended up not playing since it's pretty tough to scale down a 5-person band to one person. I was pretty disappointed that they (Tyrone et al, not Acres) couldn't show some flexibility, and even might have made some comments relating Tyrone to several different Craftsman products.
But I'm told (by our sound guy/6th band member Jon K.) that "it was totally a good thing that we didn't play... it wouldn't have worked at all with what they had going, and it would have been really awkward for us." HUH?? Whoops. I still think that they could have done a better job communicating with us, but I guess it all worked out for the best.
Incidentally, we're in the process of trying to coordinate a second Acres benefit show, hopefully within the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted. Also don't forget Thursday Sept 18th we'll be playing at The Coach House again, opening for "Flock of Seagulls". That's right -- we only open for 80's bands. That's kind of our niche for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment